I accidentally change the configuration in fcitx. Strange things happened. Now I fixed it.
fcitx is a famous input method framework for Linux. Many languages use
fcitx as the input methods backend. In my case, I use Pinyin input methods. There are three Pinyin input methods installed on my Fedora machine.
Today I accidentally changed the configuration of the
fcitx, actually a bunch of settings all at once. After that I could not get the correct character candidates if I typed an acronym for a specific phase. I was to post an image of this case. But the screenshot failed to capture it (conflict with
fcitx). I intended to type “cf” for “chifan”, but not a single Chinese character came out.
I double checked. This only happened to
sunpinyin works normally.
After debugging one by one, I identified the cause.
Just confirm that you choose “enable incomplete” Pinyin mode.
Pinyin, do not check “Use Complete Pinyin”.
LibPinyin, do check “Use Incomplete pinyin”.
sunpinyin (You don’t have this option here):