A series of notes that I learn Emacs hacking. Spacemacs installation and some introduction to layers, a read list and some tips.
Clone from Github. It is a set of configuration, so it is based on Emacs.
Rmember to backup the current configurations in
1 git clone https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs ~/.emacs.d
In the first place, the system will ask which edit mode:
vim. Yeah! I start to learn
vim from scratch.
Second question, what distribution would you like to install
- Spacemacs (recommended)
The second one is more like a customized version with less packages installed.
Try leader key in
SPC f e d: Go to the
.spacemacsfile and jump to
SPC f j: open
dired-modeand locate current file.
SPC f e R: rerun the
.spacemacsfile to make changes. We don’t need to restart Spacemacs from now on.
SPC f e v: check the current version of Spacemacs.
SPC q R: restart Spacemacs
SPC h SPC <layer-name>: check what packages are installed for the given layer.
SPC s s: gUse
swiperto search in the document.
F11: maximize the window.
Add some layers to Spacemacs
.spacemacs, find the function
- Uncomment the layer we need, for example,
- Remember the layer is not packages. It is a set of packages.
Actually most of the stuff that shall be recorded here are already in the FAQ or documentation. Read them carefully if you want to master Spacemacs or maybe Emacs.
- All additional package should be put in
- Search “exclude” on Emacs-China to find the list that may be potentially removed safely. Thus improve the start up performance.
- Before you can write your own layer, put all the config in
- Find more available “official” layers on spacemacs Github repo, or Configuration layers.
- Some other example themes:
- A list of Spacemacs cheat sheet can be found robphoenix/spacemacs-cheshe.md.